Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Princess Bride

Last night my husband and I decided to watch "The Princess Bride" as our date. We hadn't seen it for a while so it was like watching it with fresh eyes. As I watched the show I began to compare the characters to political figures. I definitely saw Prince Humperdink as Barrak Obama. I think that maybe Princess Buttercup is "America" and those setting out to save her are "we the people". Sort of a crude resemblance but it was fun to see how closely Prince Humperdink resembles our current president. He tells us what we want to hear (just as he did with Princess Buttercup)then does something else completely different. I like the line when he is telling his right hand man, "I am busy, I have my wedding to plan, my wife to kill and Gilder (a neighboring country) to frame for it." Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in President Obama's secret meetings. I think it would sound much like the conversations in this movie. Check it out. Watch the movie and see if you can see the resemblence between Barrak Obama and Prince Humperdink.

No comments:

Post a Comment