Friday, May 7, 2010

Looking Back

So I'm sitting on my couch feeling sick. I got some kind of stomach flu. I look out and there are pictures of my grandson Joseph and next to it a picture of my son Gene.(his dad) A few years ago when Gene was getting married I looked through all my pictures and couldn't find any baby pictures of him. I figured that his Dad must have them. I couldn't remember how we divided up pictures when we split up 21 years ago. Well, last month I went to help my sister clean out my dad's house; and I found a baby picture of Gene that I had sent to my dad when Gene was born. I brought it back to my house and put it next to a baby picure of Joseph. I was really shocked because I didn't think Joe looked anything like his Dad. Now that I see them side by side I see how much Joe does look like his dad. Well this got me thinking about how disconnected my life has been. I feel like my adult life has been a series of little one act plays. There is the one titled "Happily Ever After, I Wish", well to be honest this one seems to have several sequils; another play called "Who are you Who Who Who Who? I really wanna know!"; then there is the current play which has not been completed yet, what should I title it hmmm... "Ever learning and finally coming to a knowledge of the truth?"...that sounds good for now. Anyway putting all of the parts of myself together to make a whole person is a lifetime commitment. I'm just beginning to enjoy the person that I am. If you don't believe me look at my previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment