Sunday, May 2, 2010
Blessings
A familiar Hymn relates this message; "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed. When you are discouraged thinking all is lost. Count your many blessings name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." Some of my ramblings so far have been about what is missing in my life or in my environment. A friend recently reminded me that we have so much to be thankful for. I in particular have so many blessing in my life that they would take up too much space to name them all here. Just a few are; a wonderful marriage, peace and happiness, adult children who are on the path to happiness in their own lives,grandchildren, and so many more. One of my most treasured blessings is a testimony of Jesus Christ, and his atonement, and the knowledge that I can pray and receive answers to life's most challenging questions. I can even receive answers for life's simple questions. This understanding and the use of this principle in my life is what allows me to have peace. I don't have peace because of a lack of trials, tribulations and obstacles in my life. I have peace because I choose to tap into the source of all peace, "the Prince of Peace" Jesus Christ. I am indeed blessed. Gratitude is a priciple of happiness that I am learning to employ also. I hope that if I loose sight of this that others will remind me like my friend did today. Thank you dear friend, which by the way is another of my many blessings, wonderful dear friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment